Monday, May 21, 2012

Back To The Archives 6

The vacation auto-posting continues with a little navel-gazing from the archive.
I am continuing with the Tassajara photos theme, though this one is a little different. I came across a number of rattlesnakes in my time there, mostly on the trails, but a couple of times I was called on to remove some from close to the bathhouse - with a long-handled tong-like device. I had a closer encounter than this one in my first summer, but on this occasion I happened to be running out on the Horse Pasture with my camera. I had jumped over a snake more than once on that part of the trail, which zig-zags down from the Flag Rock ridge to the Horse Pasture itself; this snake was next to the trail and I heard it rattle after I had gone by, so I stopped at a safe distance to record its disgruntledness at having been disturbed; I have some video footage too as it made its way across the trail to the other side to disappear into the undergrowth.


2 comments:

Full Moon said...

omg, Shundo! That is scary!

Shundo said...

You can talk - I think these guys are perhaps more predictable than sharks.